100 Word of the Year Ideas to Spark Your Self-Love Path

selflovewords600

I love the practice of picking a word each year and choosing it as a guidepost for the year. I learned about the practice from Ali Edwards and her One Little Word project and my one word of the year has felt like such a guidepost for the personal body image healing I’ve been doing these past few years. Words like Thrive, Confidence and last year’s word which was Worthiness.

I confess I’m not sure what my word (or phrase) is yet. Sometimes I find it takes digging into the year a bit for it to be clear. I have inklings though, a yearning to have this year be more about settling into the new normal of being more at peace with my body, savouring life more. I suppose I’m craving a more gentle word this year after all these earth-shaking, change-making words.  It also feels important to me that in some way the word is in alignment with this path of Being our Own Beloved. So I thought I’d make this list to spark ideas and share it with you too in case it will be helpful in choosing your word of the year!

1. Beloved
  21. Treasured
  22. Awareness
  23. Exquisite
  24. Loving
  25. Reclaim
  26. Body Peace
  27. Well Fed (inspired by Rachel Cole’s work)!
  28. Emerge
  95. Dare to be…
  96. Inherent Worth
  97. Open to Possibility
  98. Celebrate
  99. Feast on Your Life
  100. Choose Love

Have you already found your word of the year? Or are any of these jumping out at you as potential candidates for your word of the year? And how do you keep your word in the forefront during the year? I’d love to hear in the comments!

If you’re wanting to invite more self-love into your year, especially in terms of how we see ourselves in photos, come join me for the February session of Be Your Own Beloved (starting Valentine’s Day) or even the year long Body Peace Program starting January 1st!

compassion600

18 comments
Add a comment...

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

• Susan WallsJanuary 2, 2015 - 10:36 am

Thanks for this! I too am struggling to find a word. The last couple of years the word totally found me so its difficult it doesnt want to surface this year.
    Love seeing what youre doing and watching you grow. Havent taken your courese but know youre inspiring all of us to prctice loving ourselves a little bit more everyday. Hope you have a fabulous 2015!ReplyCancel

• vivienneJanuary 2, 2015 - 11:31 am

Some of them do jump out at us don’t they…and others we really need to listen in for. Hoping you have a fabulous 2015 too lovely!ReplyCancel

• Barbara StoreyJanuary 2, 2015 - 11:16 am

Great suggestions!! My word for 2015 is purpose – I am prepared to seek and embrace mine more fully!!ReplyCancel

• vivienneJanuary 2, 2015 - 11:31 am

LOVE that Barbara! Such a good word and I can’t wait to see what is in store for you my friend!ReplyCancel

• […] McMaster‘s 100 Word of the Year Ideas. I’ve already gotten my word of the year, but this is a great […]ReplyCancel

• […] one of these goals could have directed me to a word for the year. I used Vivienne Mcmaster’s list of 100 Words to work through what I was thinking about, but unable to articulate. And then it hit me. […]ReplyCancel

• Alanna JaneJanuary 4, 2015 - 1:08 am

thank you for this, Viv! You are amazing (as always), as is this beautiful list of personal word suggestions for 2015.

I have been hovering over “CREATE” for both creating the life I really want to be living right now in this moment, as well as the re-creation of my artisan wares and business (after so many medical reasons why not). Reading this list has me contemplating “THRIVE” as well. Hmmm. I am certain that my word will make itself clear in the next week as I complete Susannah Conway’s yearly new year journaling workbook.

Last year my word was “RECEIVE”, in 2013 it was “ACCEPT” (as in full, unconditional self-acceptance), and in 2012, it was “SELF-LOVE”.ReplyCancel

• […] like to have a word, but you aren’t sure about which one, Vivienne shares 100 beautiful words to choose […]ReplyCancel

• Whew, I made it | Some See A WishJanuary 4, 2015 - 7:07 pm

[…] I was strolling the pages of Pinterest. I saw this pin.. Check out this whole site, she has some great stuff there. What a great idea. A word for the whole […]ReplyCancel

• Mantra Monday: Word of the Year |January 5, 2015 - 9:56 am

[…] If you’re wanting to choose a word but still waiting to find the right one, here’s a lovely list from Vivienne McMaster to begin […]ReplyCancel

• KathrynJanuary 5, 2015 - 1:16 pm

Love the list! I’ve been having trouble coming up with one word that does it for me. I’ve got three right now and I’m kind of waiting for one to come to the forefront.

One thing I did do that helps me remember them is I used a graphics program on my iPhone (InstaQuote is what I used, but there are dozens out there) and wrote out my words and then used the image as my lock screen on my phone. I can’t switch my phone on without seeing it (and I look at my phone a heck of a lot).

I’m taking the Cultivating Self Care class now and I’m loving it!ReplyCancel

• […] I read through Vivienne McMaster’s 100 Word of the Year Ideas and saw […]ReplyCancel

• […] 1) Can’t think of a theme for a blog post? Need something new to write about when your doing your morning pages? Read this amazing list: 100 Word of the Year Ideas to Spark Your Self-Love Path by: Vivienne McMaster! […]ReplyCancel

• IntentionalJanuary 6, 2016 - 9:11 am

[…] of the year. Lots of my blogging friends share these words in blog posts. There’s even a list of 100 if you’re having trouble […]ReplyCancel

• […] Picking a word (or three) for the year – here are a couple of resources […]ReplyCancel

• TabithaDecember 28, 2016 - 11:21 am

I could re-use “utilize” from 2016, I still need to keep utilizing my resources! But I’m looking at “elevate” for 2017. Elevating myself, and elevating others. ReplyCancel

• […] momentum.  If you need more ideas on specific words/phrases to choose – have a look at this great article, flip through some of the suggestions on oneword365  or have a look at this blog’s board on […]ReplyCancel

Menu