The next session is offered September 2012.
If there is enough interest in a spring session, I may add those dates on as well, so if the spring session would be best for you, do let me know (using the contact form on the website) and I’ll put you on the waiting list.
- Each week there will be three posts on a private blog.
- 3 posts per week (one written, one video, one visual inspiration and a prompt for the week)
- Access to a private blog on the You are Your Own Muse website. There you will find the posts throughout the week. There will also be a blogroll to connect the participants and other goodies in the classroom!
- You’ll be part of a private flickr group where you can connect with your peers and share images. The flickr group is a truly supportive place to dip your toes into sharing your self-portraits.
- You will receive a PDF Document of the Course during the final class.
Week One ~ Seeing Ourselves: In week one we begin with the person in the mirror. We’ll explore using our reflection to take great self-portraits. I will introduce you to a different approach in taking mirror self-portraits.
Week Two ~ The Way we Walk the World: In the second week of the class we’ll explore the world around us. I will introduce you to the art of the photo walk and we’ll talk all about using props to make our photos playful and fun. You’ll be invited along on a video photo walk with me and get a glimpse into the way I approach self-portraiture.
Week Three ~ The Way We Move: Week Three is all about playfulness and movement. We’ll start turning the camera on ourselves and kick fears butt with silliness and play. Bring your silliness for this week.
Week Four ~ Finding our Voice: In the final week of the class we’ll talk about finding our visual voice in taking self-portraits and about the idea of letting our true selves be seen in photos. The goal of this will be to take one photo of yourself that you really love and I will suggest a collection of ideas to help you do so!
- Any sort of photo taking device! You can use your camera phone or a point and shoot or a DSLR if you have one. This class isn’t technical at all (but if you’re looking for that my other course is packed full of learning about our cameras in a really easy to understand way).
- Yourself and a few props to use in photos (we’ll talk about this…don’t worry, you already have everything you’ll need for props).
- A flickr membership (its free and if you don’t have one I’ll let you know how to set one up).
- A computer and internet to access the course on a weekly basis as well as the flickr group.
The Course costs 89.00 Canadian Dollars.
There is one more session of Wading In available, scheduled for September 2012. Be sure to join the Muse Mailing List to keep posted on when registration will be open!